First Step Recovery — treating the whole person for lasting recovery.
At First Step Recovery, we take a multifaceted approach to substance abuse treatment. Our Licensed Addiction Counselors work closely with our Registered Nurses to identify and manage the underlying psychological and medical issues that often accompany addiction. Our Clinical Nurse Specialist is available to assess for mental health issues and prescribe psychiatric medications if needed. She also assists patients appropriate for Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT). By treating the whole person and approaching the disease from several angles, our patients can achieve lasting recovery.
Substance Abuse Treatment for Your Patients
We will help you deliver the best outcomes for your patients who have drug or alcohol problems by working closely with you to determine the best drug and alcohol treatment approach for each patient.
- We offer all levels of outpatient treatment for Substance Use Disorders including Partial Hospital Program, Intensive Outpatient Program, and Outpatient Program.
- Relapse Prevention/Recovery Management, and Family Programming.
- We have ready access to, and will coordinate, psychiatric outpatient care for your patients.
- With on-staff R.N.s, we are able to meet the needs of even the most medically complicated patients—helping them navigate complicated medical issues that can impact addiction treatment.
- We work in cooperation with the patient’s primary care clinician or assist them in finding one. We support and encourage patients to comply with medication instructions and to attend all scheduled medical appointments.
- We work with most private insurance companies and employee assistance programs, including Medicaid expansion through the Sanford Health Plan.
Our family program provides group therapy, education, and individual therapy for the family members of patients in treatment. There is no additional charge for this program.
How to Make a Referral
Just contact us or call First Step Recovery at 701.293.3384, and we take care of the rest. We will collect basic information about your patient, find out if you have any special concerns and/or requests for your patient, and arrange for the patient to meet with one of our intake counselors.
In most cases, we can schedule intakes within 24 hours, and your patient can typically begin treatment within a few days.
After that, you can be as involved as you would like in the treatment process. If you want to be kept informed of your patient’s progress, we will obtain the necessary release forms and stay in contact.
Insurance Coverage for Treatment Services
Insurance benefits for treatment can be very complex. Our professionals are experts at navigating the insurance world and helping patients identify financial resources available to cover some or all of the cost of addiction treatment. With permission, we will work directly with the patient’s insurance company to determine available coverage.